Select a page for this section using the sidebar.
Lovells Car Shock Absorbers
ELIMINATOR Twin-Tube Performance Gas Charged Struts and Shock Absorbers are developed in Australia for the automotive enthusiast and purist who requires an exceptional responsive sports suspension system. Designed to match Lovells performance lowered coil springs and spring rates, Lovells Eliminator shock absorber controls are tailor made for each specific vehicle application. With new and improved technology derived from years of research and development, Lovells Eliminator shock absorbers and complete suspension kits offer many unique features for daily driven vehicles, not often seen in after-market suspension systems:
Eliminator Twin-Tube shock absorbers feature:
- Performance valve codes for the ultimate in handling and response.
- Serviceable and rebuildable.
- Multi stage valving system to allow a progressive dampening effect from slow to fast piston velocity thus automatically adjusting to all road conditions.
- Heavy duty twin tube construction.
- Bonded heavy duty neoprene rubber eye mounting bushings with bonded inner crush tube.
- Robust 2mm thick external and internal walls.
- Huge 36mm internal bore with a seamless and polished inner tube for smoother action and less friction.
- Bonded sintered iron piston construction with multi stage valving for increased durability and accurate tolerances.
- Piston retainer nuts mechanically peened to stop failure at high temperature.
- Nylon mechanical top out bump stops.
- Shafts are manufactured from tough 22mm or 18mm hardened chrome, precision engineered to withstand the harshest of environments, while reducing friction and wear.
- Gas charged with low pressure nitrogen gas to maximize fade resistance under extreme conditions without harshness, while providing more responsive control.
- Fuchs brand oil outer
- Short body/short travel to suit lowered springs (up 3" lower than Original Equipment), while still maintaining full suspension travel, bump stop clearance and maintaining spring entrapment.
- Option of short body strut part numbers with raised bottom spring seat/platform to suit up to 19" diameter genuine wheels and some 20? diameter after-market wheels. (Up to 22" diameter wheels in some applications.
- Every Lovells Eliminator strut and shock absorber is dyno tested after manufacture.
Lovells Eliminator struts and shock absorbers are covered by a 3 YEAR/70,000km WARRANTY
Value added extras
- Struts come complete with neoprene bellows boots/dust shields.
- Shock absorbers come complete with neoprene shrouds.
- Struts and shock absorbers come complete with matched shortened bump stops if applicable.
- Struts and shock absorbers come complete with mounting hardware.
- Some struts and shock absorbers come with re movable spring platform spacers for incremental height adjustment.
Lovells Passenger Vehicle Suspension Kits
Lovells offer complete performance suspension kits for passenger vehicles, with properly 'matched' components to ensure vehicle handling and performance characteristics are paramount. This includes a choice of several lowered ride heights and shock absorber combinations to satisfy the most discerning performance enthusiast.
To achieve this, Lovells initially carry out an evaluation of a vehicle via road testing, component analysis and performance and specification examination. Road testing involves driving a vehicle on several types of road surfaces to assess high speed cornering, braking performance and ground clearance, before subjective judgment is made on how Lovells could improve all of these attributes.
The performance of the vehicle in terms of ride height, handling, alignment, comfort for road use and load carrying capabilities are all taken into consideration.
Full suspension systems are then designed as a combination to ensure spring rates, shock absorber controls, suspension travel, bushing and alignment components all compliment each other to give the ultimate performance kit for the vehicle in question.
Engineering samples are left on a vehicle for durability testing for periods of up to 12 months.
Check your shock absorber selection to ensure you have the correct part number to suit your springs and application. Ensure the shock absorber has the correct amount of travel on both extension and compression strokes. This is very important, as if you fit shock absorbers to a vehicle that has sagged springs or springs with a lower free height/camber (ie. Over 2.5 inches or 65mm) shock absorbers may bottom out (on compression) or top out (on extension) which may cause premature failure of the shock absorber and will void Lovells warranty.
On Lovells Eliminator Shock Absorbers that are fitted with bushes, it is important that the mounting pin (where the bush has contact) has been cleaned thoroughly and is in good condition. Apply a small amount of grease to the pin and the inside of the bush to allow movement. Do not tighten shock absorber mounts until the vehicle has been lowered and settled to normal ride height ('normalising'). Failure to do so, may cause bush to lock into a over torsional position, adding pressure to the mounts and stressing the bush.