Lovells 4x4 Shock Absorbers
GAS LEGEND Twin-Tube Long Travel Performance Gas Charged Struts and Shock Absorbers are developed in Australia for the 4x4 enthusiast and purist who requires an exceptional responsive and robust suspension system. Designed to match Lovells performance Raised and Raised Heavy Duty coil/leaf springs and spring rates, Lovells Gas Legend shock absorber controls are tailor made for each specific vehicle application. With new and improved technology derived from years of research and development, Lovells Gas Legend shock absorbers and complete suspension lift kits offer many unique features for 4x4 vehicles, not often seen in after-market suspension systems:
Manufactured to the highest standard from Australian supplied
valves, shafts and associated parts.
Gas Legend Twin-Tube shock absorbers feature:
- 36mm bore and huge 60mm expanded body design provides up to twice the oil capacity of Original Equipment shock absorbers to maximise fade resistance, run cooler and allow faster reaction time to road changes.
- Heavy duty twin tube construction.
- Bonded sintered iron piston construction with multi stage valving for increased durability and accurate tolerances.
- Nylon mechanical top out bump stops.
- Teflon banded steel pistons and Nylon mechanical top out stops.
- Piston retainer nuts mechanically peened to stop failure at high temperature.
- Multi stage valving system to allow a progressive dampening effect from slow to fast piston velocity thus automatically adjusting to all conditions.
- Shafts are manufactured from tough 18mm hardened chrome, precision engineered to withstand the harshest of environments, while reducing friction and wear.
- Piston rod seals are high quality, high temperature multi-lip design to again reduce friction and provide longer life.
- Robust 2mm thick external tube walls and 2mm thick internal walls.
- Gas charged with low pressure nitrogen gas to maximise fade resistance under extreme conditions without harshness while providing more responsive control.
- All eyes and pin mounts are fully welded for extra strength and long life.
- Majority of the range are long travel design to allow fitment with all Lovells spring part numbers and ensures maximum wheel contact at all times.
- Performance valve codes for the ultimate in handling and response.
- Serviceable and rebuildable.
- Bonded heavy duty neoprene rubber eye mounting bushings with bonded inner crush tube.
- Fuchs brand oil outer
- Every Lovells Gas Legend strut and shock absorber is dyno tested after manufacture.
Lovells Gas Legend struts and shock absorbers are
covered by a 3 YEAR/70,000km WARRANTY
Value added extras
- Struts come complete with neoprene bellows boots/dust shields.
- Shock absorbers come complete with neoprene shrouds.
- Struts and shock absorbers come complete with mounting hardware.
- Some struts and shock absorbers come with re movable spring platform spacers for incremental height adjustment.
Lovells 4x4 Suspension Kits
Lovells offer complete Raised heavy duty suspension kits for all popular 4x4 vehicles, with properly 'matched' components to ensure vehicle handling and performance characteristics are paramount. This includes a choice of several raised and raised heavy duty ride heights and shock absorber combinations to satisfy the most discerning 4x4 enthusiast.
To achieve this, Lovells initially carry out an evaluation of a vehicle via road testing, component analysis and performance and specification examination. Road testing involves driving a vehicle on several types of road surfaces to assess load carrying, handling, braking performance and ground clearance, before subjective judgment is made on how Lovells could improve all of these attributes.
The performance of the vehicle in terms of ride height, handling, alignment, comfort for road use and load carrying capabilities are all taken into consideration.
Full suspension systems are then designed as a combination to ensure spring rates, shock absorber controls, suspension travel, bushing and alignment components all compliment each other to give the ultimate performance kit for the vehicle in question.
Engineering samples are left on a vehicle for durability testing for periods of up to 12 months.
Check your shock absorber selection to ensure you have the correct part number to suit your springs and application. Ensure the shock absorber has the correct amount of travel on both extension and compression strokes. This is very important, as if you fit shock absorbers to a vehicle that has sagged springs/torsion bars or springs with a higher free height/camber (ie. Over 2.5 inches or 65mm) shock absorbers may bottom out (on compression) or top out (on extension) which may cause premature failure of the shock absorber and will void Lovells warranty.
On Lovells Gas Legend Shock Absorbers that are fitted with Lovells Urethane bushes (most part numbers), it is important that the mounting pin (where the urethane has contact) has been cleaned thoroughly and is in good condition. Apply a small amount of grease to the pin and the inside of the bush to allow movement. Do not tighten shock absorber mounts until the vehicle has been lowered and settled to normal ride height (‘normalising’). Failure to do so, may cause bush to lock into a over torsional position, adding pressure to the mounts and stressing the bush.